Future Success Strategies for Small Business Owners
From Fortune 500s to non-profits, Jim Bottomley has provided insight into how technical, social, economic, and demographic trends are shaping the years ahead. Previously, Jim managed marketing programs for well-known brands such as Life Cereal, and has launched new products such as Kibbles ‘n Bits, Pounce Cat Treats and specialized software for the Economic Development profession. A consultant for over 30 years, working within many sectors, Jim can suggest innovative strategies that cross boundaries. Jim is a graduate of the Ivey School of Business at the University of Western Ontario and previously lived in Ontario and Alberta.
Jim also owns several businesses, including entries in technology, finance, retail and service categories. He is a partner in the Breken Group, combining strategic planning and marketing strategy development with award-winning integrated ebusiness solutions, sold internationally.
As a futurist, Mr. Bottomley looks at trends with a unique spin. Whereas some specialize in demographics, others, social or technical trends, Jim is able to combine trend categories. Real insight into innovation comes from trend convergence, enabling businesses to identify opportunities, potential new product and service offerings and to better focus future efforts coping with the stress of change.
Jim’s consulting experience includes:
• Facilitating visioning and planning exercises for small business clients in many sectors, helping them achieve growth, obtain financing and plan successful strategy
• Through Entreco Corporation and others, training entrepreneurs, successfully launching over 2,000 businesses while utilizing Jim’s unique 4-D Planning model
Jim has performed trend analysis, new product development, helped boost marketing and sales results and facilitated organizational change.
Connect with Jim
Future Success Strategies for SOHOs
Jim will provide specific advice to enhance company growth and profits, focusing on planning, branding, marketing and sales. Get fired up about your future!
Questions business owners can ask themselves to prepare for Jim’s Keynote:
- You meet your best potential customer on an elevator. She asks you, “What business are you in? What is your answer?
- What trends are affecting your future business success? Opportunities and/or threats you must deal with?
- What strategies are you considering to make your business more successful in future?